Looking for a campervan that you can use for work or play? Well the Escape camper van is just what you are looking for. The Escape is sleek, stylish and compact enough to fit into the average family carport.
Where fun begins the moment you hit the road.
A place for the toys...
Not many campervans can boast sleeping four people comfortably and that is what sets the Escape apart from the rest thanks to the unique drop down bed system. And that’s not all, the “storage garage” allows you to take all your “toys” away with you on your adventures.
Don’t rough it; the Escape has a large living area and a handy kitchen with refrigerator, 3 burner stove and sink. The bathroom is huge, a toilet, vanity and shower with hot and cold running water. And if you want to take a break from the heat, switch on the air conditioning or wind out the awning for a little shade to relax under. What more could you ask for?
Click to Expand.
- Avida’s spacious two piece swing out bathroom system
- Avida’s own 12V & 240V integrated distribution control panels & energy management system
- Combination 3 burner LPG stove with stainless steel sink with glass lid
- Electric roll down bed
- Fridge/freezer – 90L Compressor
- Motorhome battery in addition to the chassis battery – 100A 12V
- Smart TV
- USB point
- Wind-up TV antenna with signal booster
- Ample storage throughout
- Battery charger for motorhome battery – 16A
- Bench tops – Selection available to choose from
- Cabinet door hardware push buttons
- Colour co-ordinated decor throughout
- Cutlery drawer insert
- Earth leakage protector – 240V
- Insulated walls & roof
- LED lighting
- Magazine holder
- Power – 12V & 240V
- Reading lights
- Rear lounge or single beds with storage under
- Removable table in lounge area
- Roof vent in bathroom
- Single lever mixer water taps
- Stereo speakers in the rear
- Tank & battery monitor system
- Toilet with cassette
- Towel rail
- Two way drawer system accessible from outside
- Upholstery – Fabric
- Vanity basin
- Versatile storage area at rear for tool boxes, motorbikes, quad bikes, accessibility scooters & more*
- Vinyl floor throughout
- Wardrobe above fridge
- Windows – Double insulated dual pane with blind & flyscreen
- Windshield privacy curtain
- Awning – Wind out
- Exclusive decals
- Fold down external table
- Hot water system 12V electric start/gas & 240 volt
- LED light
- LP gas bottle: 2x4kg
- Mains water pressure reducer
- Mud flaps on rear wheels
- Solar panel wiring provisions
- Step – Single manual entry
- ABS – Antilock braking system
- ADR approved child restraint
- Driver and passenger airbags
- ESP – Electronic stability program control
- Fire extinguisher(s)
- High mounted rear brake light
- LP gas leak detector
- Reverse camera
- Safety cupboard door catches
- Smoke detector
- Chassis: Fiat Ducato 160hp
- Engine: 4 cylinder turbo diesel
- Displacement: 2287cc
- Power: 130kw @ 3500rpm
- Torque: 400Nm @ 1700rpm
- Transmission: Automatic
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Fuel Capacity: 90lt
- Gross Vehicle Mass: 4005kg
- Gross Combined Mass: 6400kg
- Alternator Amps: 140amp
- Chassis Voltage: 12 volt
- Wheel Base: 4035mm
- Wheel Size: 406mm
- Licence Requirement: Standard car licence
- Air conditioning
- Courtesy light with door opening power assist activation & delayed activation
- Cruise control
- Driver and passenger lumbar support adjust
- Dual leaf rear suspension system
- Electric driver & passenger windows
- Electric mirrors with demist function
- Height & reach adjustable steering column
- Leather wrapped steering wheel
- Power socket – 12V
- Power steering
- Programmable CD stereo with AM/FM tuner
- Remote control central locking with engine immobiliser
- Remote control central locking with engine immobiliser
- Steering wheel mounted stereo controls
- Swivel seats with armrests
- Under seat storage
- Compressor fridge/freezer – 106L
- Diesel furnace heater
- Roof mounted air-conditioner
- Upholstery – Ultra Leather
- Upholstery – Leather
- BBQ fitting
- Fly screen – Rear door
- Fly screen – Sliding door
- Shower – External with hot and cold water
- Solar panel – System with regulator 160 watt
- Tow bar
- Reverse camera
Avida Warranty, Insurance & RV Help
The Avida Guarantee
Customer support is paramount at Avida and that’s why every new Avida motorhome or caravan has a very important attribute we simply call “peace of mind” with our market leading 3 year (or 1 million kilometre for Motorhomes) factory backed warranty, 5 year structural guarantee, 2 year emergency roadside assistance.
To protect your warranty, it is a requirement to maintain your recreational vehicle in accordance with the owner’s manual. In particular, you must present your recreational vehicle for service every 6 months within the first 3 year warranty period.
Motorhomes and caravans are complex machines and many people are often confused as to why warranty periods differ in some instances depending on the item concerned.
Motorhomes and caravans comprise three main components:
- The Chassis – Warranty on the chassis component is offered by the manufacturer of the chassis. Check with your local dealership to find out the warranty period on your chassis. The caravan chassis is manufactured by Avida and covered under the 3 year manufacturer warranty as offered by Avida.
- The Motorhome or Caravan – Body, furniture and fittings manufactured by Avida are covered under the 3 year manufacturer warranty as offered by Avida.
- The Appliances – Refrigerator, air conditioner, television and hot water system to name a few all have their own warranty offered by the respective manufacturers of each component; just like a normal home where the home builder generally doesn’t warrant the washing machine for example.
Built with extra strength, ground clearance and protection. The Multi Terrain caravan allows you to go outback, down unsealed roads and through some corrugations. Always be mindful of speed when driving over corrugations, make extra provisions when heading outback and most importantly, drive safely.
Built with extra strength, ground clearance and protection, for prolonged off-road usage. The Off Road caravan allows you to go outback, down unsealed roads and over corrugations. Always be mindful of speed when driving over corrugations and under no circumstances should these caravans be exposed to water crossings above draw bar height. Make extra provisions when heading outback and most importantly, drive safely.
Avida’s Off Road caravan is not designed for extreme 4WD tracks that are unsuitable for towing large trailers. If you’re looking to do some four wheel driving we strongly recommend that you unhook your caravan, leave it in a secure location and head off exploring in your tow vehicle. Always ensure you make extra provisions when heading outback and most importantly, drive safely.
- Australian gas regulations require that your caravan must be vented, this limits the effectiveness against dust and water ingress.
- Movement or damage caused by dislodgment of appliances and fittings resulting from impact, heavy landings, severely rutted roads, or tracks are not covered under warranty.
You should read your handbook folder to fully understand what is offered on each component of your Avida motorhome or caravan. If in doubt, please call us for assistance on (02) 4948 0433.
* Refer to the warranty policy manuals terms and conditions. Commercial usage warranty terms differ.
^ Avida 3 year factory warranty includes motorhomes and caravans with a warranty start date as of the 1st October 2014.
Avida is proud to be fully accredited as a national RVMAP manufacturer as RVMAP accreditation is verification of Avida’s willingness to manufacture in accordance with the highest national standards for safety and quality of care. To achieve RVMAP accredited status, members must be 100% compliant of business processes and products; anything less is not acceptable.
Avida RV Insurance
Avida has partnered with global insurance broker Arthur J. Gallagher to offer an insurance solution that meets the everyday needs of motorhome and caravan owners like you. This product has specifically been designed for RV’s and the wonderful lifestyle that you live.
While you benefit from Arthur J. Gallagher’s global scale to get a better deal on your insurance, Arthur J. Gallagher is committed to supporting and growing their local presence. As part of this, you will be serviced by an Australian based specialist RV insurance team.
Contact Arthur J. Gallagher today to find out how they can help protect your motorhome or caravan on 1800 793 889 or (03) 5624 1000 or http://www.ajg.com.au/motorhome-and-caravan-insurance.
To the extent that any material on this page may be considered advice, it may only be considered general advice as it does not take into account your personal objectives, needs or financial situation. Arthur J. Gallagher urges you to read the relevant policy wording and consider whether any products are appropriate for your situation before making a decision to acquire insurance.
Avida RV offer a 24 hour, seven day a week roadside assistance program intended at addressing your needs in the unlikely event of your RV breaking down or experiencing a technical problem.
Advantage Help (for motorhomes) and Sovereign Help (for caravans) roadside assistance program is included FREE with all new Avida RV’s purchased for the first two years in Australia.
From minor roadside repairs to security system advice and vehicle recovery following breakdown, Avida RV’s roadside assist scheme has it covered. Checking electrical problems, jump starting flat batteries, tyre change and replacement of lost keys are just some of the many areas where Avida can help.
To find out more download Avida RV’s Roadside Assistance Brochure.
Require Emergency Assistance?
The Avida RV Club was established in 2004 by Avida and the club has grown at an astonishing rate from that time with many more joining every month.
You don’t need to own an Avida Motorhome to join the Club, in fact you don’t have to own a motorhome at all to enjoy the benefits of Australia’s fastest growing motorhome club.
Members receive numerous benefits and discounts from a wide range of product manufacturers and distributors as well as motorhome tips. On joining, a free members handbook encased in a stylish compendium is provided.
The Club even has its own quarterly magazine called “Out and About”, a glossy magazine with heaps of motorhome lifestyle information, tips, competitions and general interest articles.
Avida Insurance, Australia’s most competitive specialised Motorhome Insurance is available exclusively to Avida RV Club members.
Members can also take advantage of Avida’s Roadside Assist program, by simply joining the Avida RV Club (and providing the vehicle is eligible and is up to 10 years old), members are automatically upgraded to Avida Prestige Help.
Prestige Help is available for members to renew or purchase at substantially reduced rates exclusive to Club members.
The Avida RV Club also offers a variety of interesting safaris, events and gatherings where members can meet and enjoy themselves in a well organised and comprehensive program of travel and entertainment.
The Avida RV Club has released the Rewards Program along with a new Member’s Handbook. With a multitude of rewards and discounts across a wide range of categories members can access excellent savings and substantial value every day of the year. There are rewards to suit every individual need including Discounts on Leisure, Entertainment, Shopping, Dining, Health, Beauty, Home & Lifestyle. Members can take the Rewards with them in their motorhome wherever they go, with offers available throughout Australia – the rewards just don’t stop!
The safari and events are a highlight for many members as they get to meet up with old & new friends and travel to beautiful Australian locations. These events are casual, relaxed and members are able to explore at their own leisure. Most evenings, the happy hour circle forms around the “Hut” where drinks & snacks are enjoyed, Kenny Koala (the Club mascot) is often auctioned off with all proceeds donated to the Royal Flying Doctor Service and then the evening activities get underway, whether it’s a BBQ, a catered dinner, a theme night, a movie night, trivia or bingo – a great deal of fun is had by all!
If you would like more information on the Avida RV Club you can call 1800 CLUB RV (1800 258 278) to talk to a Club Representative or visit the Avida RV Club website by clicking here.
Avida – Australian owned, Australian built.
Avida, a great Australian story, has been manufacturing RVs since 1965 in Western Sydney NSW. Avida remains the number one manufacturer of motorhomes in Australia with over 50 years of experience building RV products like motorhomes, campervans and caravans. At a time when much of Australia’s manufacturing is fast disappearing overseas to the detriment of local jobs, Avida remains in the original hands of the founder as a true Australian family company employing and supporting hundreds of Australians and their families at the 4 hectare (10 acre) site. You can be very confident you’ve made the right decision when you purchase an Avida.
The roots of Avida go back to 1965, with the formation of Freeway Camper Company. Bruce Binns, with the assistance of his wife Ruth, introduced the first Freeway slide on camper to Australia. They progressed with the Freeway name by also producing motorhomes, caravans, fifth wheelers and tent trailers.
In 1978, Freeway Camper Company changed its name to Winnebago Industries and the Original Australian Winnebago was born, and whilst these vehicles were not manufactured by, or by anyone having any association with, Winnebago of the United States, the company continued to grow because of it’s commitment to research and development of the Australian conditions and market.
After moving to Wetherill Park in Western Sydney in 1988, the business grew from producing Motorhomes in one factory to producing Motorhomes in four factories and in 2000, the company purchased a 4 hectare (10acre) block of land at Emu Plains NSW. By January 2001, the company had settled into the new premises, the same site it operates out of today.
- In 2008 a second factory was built on the same site to help feed the consumer demand of it’s Motorhomes
- In 2010 the business entered into the Campervan market with the Escape and Diversion models.
- In 2013, the company changed it’s name to Avida. Avida originates from the word AVID – being passionate and enthusiastic. The staff live and breathe it, they are passionate about the products, the customers and the lifestyle that the products offer.
- In 2013 Avida re-entered the caravan market after 35 years with the release of the Sapphire caravan range, shortly followed by the Topaz caravan range and the Emerald caravan range.
Over the years the famous Freeway range of motorhomes included brands like Blaxland, Lawson and Wentworth, as well as Wanderer and Chinook. Today Avida’s motorhome range includes Esperance, Longreach, Fremantle, Ceduna, Eyre, Birdsville, Torquay & Leura – more than 70 models in total.
Decades on from the humble beginnings, the company today is still run by the family to ensure the legacy of the company continues. With decades of experience behind Avida, the knowledge of the Australian Conditions is second to none and backed by a large Research and Development Department the company has grown to be Australia’s largest Motorhome manufacturer.
Avida are committed to providing high quality, sleek style, efficient designs and the best value motorhomes and caravans on the market. Currently Avida employs approximately 250 dedicated workers who produce approximately 600 Avida RVs per year and has a large network of Dealers throughout Australia and New Zealand.
You can be very confident you’ve made the right decision when you purchase an Avida motorhome or caravan.
* Due to continuous improvement, the specifications listed above may vary and are subject to change without notice.
Interested in Purchasing the Avida Escape Campervan?
If you would like more information on this model please click the Make Enquiry button, fill out the form and one of our consultants will contact you shortly.